I lit up Maketoys' Chaos figure. Easiest thing ever.
I ordered a chip light kit that includes, per my choosing:
-3 nano sized chip lights (warm) with 8 in wire
-coin cell and coin cell holder with on and off switch
-shrink tubes to cover wires that are to be connected via twisting
This link is where I ordered mine. There are plenty of other kits and lights to choose through. And there are tutorial videos too, so you don't have to read this tutorial, but seriously, it's not that long of a read. :-P
Light kit tutorial:
1.Slip in ez-shrink tube into wires on coin cell holder.
2. Now, match the green wires on the led lights with the black wire on the coin cell holder and twist them together. Do the same with the red wires.
3. Pull shrink tube over the exposed wires you just twisted, and heat up ends with iron or lighter. You'll see the tube shrink a bit really fast. With your fingers, squeeze the ends of the tube to secure it in place.
BAM! Press the on/off switch and let there be light. Ok, now turn it off and select whatever ... thing you want to light up. If you want to light up MT Chaos here's my tutorial that involves no glue so it's not there permanently.
Easy tutorial for lighting up MT Chaos:
1. I coiled the wires and led them together with small strips of tape.
2. Slipped the led lights through its open back and placed the coiled wires in the center. There's enough space.
3. Placed the cell coin holder with battery on the upper back and secured with the figure's tank tread kibble.
4. I placed the switch in the lower back gap. Fits right in. It may fall out, but nah.. it's secure.
5. Placed the lights where I wanted. and used beige scotch tape.
If you look at the middle of the torso you can see the coiled, taped wires.
"Join the Darkside, we have free energon cookies," said Chaos with a lit up creeper glare.
"My eyes are up here. Stop looking at my chest!"