Thursday, February 19, 2015

Sen-ti-nel Armorize Iron Man

Sen-ti-nel's second Iron Man offering. While it has a striking look, it's not as well planned as their Re-Edit line. I think it's because Sen-ti-nel has different groups working on projects. Some better than others. Re-Edit is done by Chemical Attack who are their best team in my opinion. Armorize was done by T-Rex.

I want to like this figure more than it deserves because of its aesthetics, but unfortunately it has poor paint quality that chips, and hindered articulation when Armorized. It's this very gimmick, placing the armor on the figure that's the main selling point. Posing is not it. If you're not into posing, fine, but I like dynamic posing and it can't be done here, and that's a shame. Main parts hindered by the armor are the ankles and shoulders (armor pieces can pop off and even cause paint chipping).

On the plus side, Takayuki Higashi did a killer job with the sculpt. I especially like Tony Stark's head sculpt. Nicely detailed and appropriately expressive with articulated eyes.








1 comment:

  1. Where does the Iron Man figure base come from? I don't see it listed with the figure anywhere nor can I find it seperate for purchase. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete