Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Toyworld Grimshell Review

Grimshell is Toyworld's homage to Transformers' Grimlock. Their take on the Dinobots is both classic and modern. I was less than impressed when I first saw pics mostly because of the legs. The lower portion to be more specific. The gap is just ugly and I can't understand why they didn't find a way to cover it up. The feet can swivel to give a flat on the ground appearance, but the rest of the foot or bellbottom does not. If you swivel the thighs it affects the figure  balance so it's best not to swivel it out much. I still managed to pull off some cool poses, but it was tricky and had to rely on pegs over the loose feet to hold them in place. The more I mess with Grimshell, the more I like it,but it's not as good as their first and best release, Roar in my opinion.

Dinomode was actually more fun than I thought it would be because of the weapon add ons. They can be arranged in different ways.

Also, I took the pins off the small swivel covers of the shoulders as they affect articulation in combined mode. Another blunder on their part that made even less sense than the leg design.

Notes:
I've turned the inside packaging foam into dioramas. Grimshell comes with the combined form's hands, feet, faceplate, and small pieces to add unto Grimshell to cover screw holes in the dino face and neck. It took me about a minute to figure where they all go because there's no instructions.














No comments:

Post a Comment